Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A New Focus

Why do we lose motivation? 

That question has a multifold answer.  Typically we lose motivation not because of one thing, but over a multitude of things.  When my blogging motivation evaporated, a few months ago, I needed to step back to ask myself “why?”

The surface reasons were easy and obvious.  However, the deeper core answer escaped me.

I decided to pray.  The answer came with surprising clarity.

THIS is what I needed to share. 

The struggle.

The real.

My faith.

I recognize that I have done a good job of sharing frugal tips.  However, the theme of this blog is “where frugal, faith and life collide.”  I have not intentionally eliminated faith.  Nor have I intentionally avoided sharing life collisions.  However, I feel I need to give more focus to these areas in our quest to live more frugally.

The essence of The Frugal Flamingo will remain the same.  However, there is going to be more attention on the other “stuff”.  The “stuff” that makes me hesitate in clicking publish.  The “stuff” that may encourage you because it is real.

There are thousands of other frugal living blogs that encourage and inspire.  I hope that The Frugal Flamingo can be one of them for you. 

2 comments:

  1. I have missed your posts Billie! I'm sure through faithful prayer you will revamp your blog to meet your needs. Take care and see you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and a large cup of coffee is the motivation I use to rise at 5:30am Monday-Friday! ~~ Thought provoking and ispirational! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...I really would! Share your thoughts or personal frugal tips. I have so much to learn from you! But please, be kind.