Friday, May 20, 2011

Thinking Ahead

I have found that a large part of saving money on everything from groceries to clothes to shoes to gifts is “thinking ahead”.

When you are in the grocery store, at a yard sale or at Target keep an open mind.  You may not be on 100_5106the “hunt” for Christmas presents in May, however be open to the possibility.  Your kiddos birthday might be 5 months away, but you may find something perfect now.

Today I bought these brand new sneakers at a yard sale for $2.  My youngest won’t wear them for another year or 2, but at that price who would pass them by?

100_5100I bought these Christmas cookie decorations today at Aldi’s.  They     were only 10 centsYes, I wrote 10 cents.  I found them on clearance at the front of the store.  They normally sell for $3.  They will be perfect in 7 months when we do our traditional cookie baking! 100_5103

What about you?  Do you buy ahead?

this post is linked to Frugal Friday so hop on over there for more inspiration

2 comments:

  1. I do!! But I have to be careful...because I lost my brain after the second child was born so sometimes I forget that I have bought something and then they outgrow it before I find it...my life lacks organization lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love buying ahead. I buy gifts often. I buy less clothing than I used to because my kids are getting older and are pickier but when I find something basic I grab it. And a WooHoo! for those .10 cent sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...I really would! Share your thoughts or personal frugal tips. I have so much to learn from you! But please, be kind.