Thursday, February 24, 2011

Turkey Tacos

I am slightly disappointed with myself.  Ok.  I am fully disappointed with myself. I have no pictures to show you of our next turkey recipe.

The reason being was because it was such a hurried night when I threw our turkey tacos together. Which is why this is the perfect recipe on busy nights! 

I am not Rachael Ray. So forgive me when my own creations are short of amazing.  However, the kids demolished them down so we are good to go.
  • Take 2-3 cups of shredded turkey/chicken (approx 1 1/2- 2lbs).
  • Throw in 2 cups of beans (pinto or black) (or use more turkey)
  • Here is where things get shady.  Add 1/2 cup-1 cup turkey/chicken broth.   I suspect you could use water too.  I do not know the exact measurement.  I just used enough to make the mixture moist. 
  • Use 1/2 pack -1 pack of taco seasoning.  We often use only half a pack because often the whole pack is just too strong.
You can get creative if you want.  Throw in rice, diced tomatoes, corn, cilantro.  The world is your oyster with tacos.

OK. Really this creation is no different than my traditional tacos.  I just simply replace the ground beef with shredded turkey.  It is just fun to "pretend" you really created something.

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts...I really would! Share your thoughts or personal frugal tips. I have so much to learn from you! But please, be kind.