First, you are not going to stockpile EVERYthing. You are going to look at stockpiling only things you use on a regular basis. If it takes me a year to use shrimp cocktail sauce, I am not going to buy 10 bottles next week.
So, for things I don't use that much I may or may not have an extra one on hand. When I run out, I most likely will just buy it at Aldi's. I am throwing that fact out there so that you don't become obessesed for scouring the ads for EVERYthing you could potentially ever buy.
What you will do is think of what you use or buy most often. These are the things you are going to focus on for stockpiling. As you grow in experience, you can continue to add other things to your stockpile.
I was trying to think of things that I would typically make sure that I have stocked. It is obviously not an all inclusive list. Here are a few:
- peanut butter
- bread
- cheese
- chicken
- ground beef
- cereal
- oats
- toilet paper
- flour
- butter
So, I am going to leave you with this assignment. Think about what you are consistently putting on your list every single week. I would recommend thinking of 10 things. Next, I will share with you how to find "rock bottom" prices.
Wondering about how to buy at rock bottom prices? Subscribe to the Frugal Flamingo via email, RSS or on Facebook.

I am guessing these 10 things cannot be sensitive to storage, like dairy or fresh veggies or fruit, right???
ReplyDeleteOk! Off to think of 10 things!