Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seeing turkey

On Thursday evening, I finally used the turkey that I bought last November.

Remember that I only paid $7 for my 15 pound turkey?   I am excited to report that I was able to produce 9 meals for my family of 6 with just one turkey!  That is less than $1 of meat per meal! 

I will be sharing with you the instructions and recipes over this week.  To get a sneak peak, here are the dishes I created.
  • Turkey dinner with stuffing
  • Turkey tacos
  • Turkey bacon sub
  • Turkey noodle soup (x2)
  • Turkey tetrazzini (x2)
  • Turkey crouton casserole
  • Creamy turkey tortilla soup
Obviously, I have to add some cost for the additional ingredients.  However, all of the broth for my dishes and soup came from my turkey. 

It's the little stuff in life that excites me. This is definitely one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...I really would! Share your thoughts or personal frugal tips. I have so much to learn from you! But please, be kind.