Yesterday, I shared how I began to analyze how others were spending so little on their groceries. After discovering that they shopped at multiple stores, I also discovered that they shopped at Aldi’s.
I had tried Aldi’s a few years prior. To be honest, I was not that impressed. It was Okay, but to me not that much cheaper. However, I decided to try it again. Trying it a second time, I realized that it was better than I first thought.
Now, after shopping there for many years, I can not imagine my shopping game plan without Aldi’s.
Here are some of the reasons that I love Aldi’s.
1. The store is small. There are only 4 main aisles. This makes it a delightful shopping experience when children are in tow. My 4 year olds can run to the next aisle and I can still hear them. It is impossible to get lost in Aldi’s.
2. There are fewer choices. This may seem like a negative, but it’s not. It takes me less time to shop. I do not have to stand and figure out which can of beans is cheapest. There is only one choice.
3. Quality generics. I have always bought generic. However, not all generics are created equal. Some generic items are just not worth the savings. I have found that many of Aldi’s generic items are great quality. Just try an item one week. If it’s not to your standards, don’t buy that item again. However, if you find it to be yummy, then awesome!
4. Stable prices. I love knowing what the price on sugar at Aldi’s is going to be each week. I don’t have to watch for it to go on sale. Occasionally, they will put things on Manager’s special. Of course, they will also increase prices, but it is usually a permanent increase.
5. Low prices. Most items are cheaper at Aldi’s compared to even Walmart. Sometimes, they are only 5 cents cheaper, but they still are cheaper.
6. Produce. Probably my favorite thing about Aldi’s is their produce. They have awesome prices. I have hardly ever had bad produce there. Of course, in the summer I buy the bulk of my fruit local, but in the winter months, Aldi’s is great.
I have shopped at Price Rite. I think their produce is comparable in price. The same for Smart Shopper. However, hands down Aldi’s kicks butt on all of their other items. I have a price comparisons to prove it:)
The only other store that is coming close to Aldi’s is Amelia’s. I have a growing affinity for that store.
Over the next few weeks I will share with you what items I buy at which store.
I do not go to Aldi’s or Amelia’s and just blindly buy items.
There is a rhyme and a rhythm.
Who knew grocery shopping could be such a science?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts...I really would! Share your thoughts or personal frugal tips. I have so much to learn from you! But please, be kind.